Wednesday, February 10

Why I Love SSBF and my new friend Polyvore.com

So let me start from the beginning... back in the early part of January I had decided that I secretly wanted a new camera, with a timer function so I could take photos of my outfits without SSBF. However, I knew I didn't have the money to go out and buy one.

Fast forward to Monday when SSBF and I escaped our house (for the first time since Friday night!) to go to Best Buy (we've had no TV since Saturday morning, thanks Direct TV) to purchase a digital antenna so we could at least watch 24. While at Best Buy I wandered over to the camera section and found the Nikon Cool Pix L100. It was love at first sight.

The last couple days, given all my free time I've been looking all over for the best deal because I was planning on saving up the money for it (even though it would take forever!). I found it on EBay for $100 off retail price. Downside: its used, and I don't know fully how used, but $100!!

Anyway, I was whining about how I wanted it pretty much all this week... when SSBF told me he was going to buy it for me!

Hooray! I bid on the one on EBay, and then found it on Walmart's site for only $199. I'm secretly hoping someone outbids me so I can get the new one off Walmart's site.

Now, polyvore.com. It is basically a website that enables you to make collages from (pictures) of items online. I've been playing around with it a lot today.

Here is my first collage.
Let me explain, it's snow survival not because I would wear it in the snow... but its keeping my mind off the 40+ inches of snow outside.

enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Money Smart Fashion!

disclosure policy