Wednesday, December 15

Weekly Money Check-up



I wanted to do a post other than a money check-up today but to be completely honest, my brain is mush right now. It's the end of the semester... had a final on Monday (which was not pretty) and three papers due on Sunday at midnight. Sheesh, don't these teachers realize I have a full-time job (and I work too!).

I am hoping things will quiet down enough that I can start getting some outfit posts back up but until then, here's my money check-up for the week (courtesy of My Pretty Pennies)

1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on gas, believe it or not. SSF(?) and I drove up to Philly to celebrate an early Christmas with my family and with some of my best friends from high school. We had a blast, but within 2 days I had to fill up both my car (for work) and his car since it's the one we took up there. With gas prices at $3.09/ gallon for regular it was not a cheap task.
$66.00


2. Today I feel awesome about my money.
I have been saying it for the past couple weeks, but I feel good. I have a solid game plan to payoff the rest of my credit card debt, I stayed under budget on my Christmas shopping, and  I haven't made any impulse purchases in almost a month.

3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free/inexpensive thing I did last week that made me happy was spent time with friends and family in Philly. It required some cash outflow for gas. But once we were there it wasn't about spending money. For the most part we just sat around drinking and talking. It was awesome.

4. I will consider this week a success if I finally get my Christmas cards in the mail .

5. My favorite holiday treat is eggnog, the non-alcoholic kind. I don't know what it is about eggnog, but I love it. I haven't had it in awhile though because SSF doesn't like it, and there is no way I would quart just for me to drink!



p.s. How are we feeling about SSF? Rachel suggested it, and I kind of like it. What do you think?
And in case you have no idea why I am changing SSBF's name, check this out.



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the sweet shout out! Good luck on finals... thankfully mine ended last week. Love these little check-ins.
    Bisous,
    Rachel
    lovealamode.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like SSF, that's what I was thinking as well...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Money Smart Fashion!

disclosure policy