Friday, January 28

FBFF Friday: Technology

[note, you must read the name of this post in the same voice as Justin Timberlake in the 50 cent song, otherwise it's just a boring title]



Anyway, This week has been pretty jammed packed for me. I've spent the last two working days in the women's apparel showroom at my work listening to executives speak (more like ogling the walls covered in all the fall merch). Anyway, this has resulted in a pretty light posting week for me. Hopefully I can get back in to a more normal schedule next week. In the meantime this week the FBFF group is talking about technology and how we use it on our blogs.

1. What technology do you use in blogging? (computer, camera, videocamera, tripod, etc...)
This is an easy one for me, I use a digital camera (Nikon Coolpix L100) and a PC. An older, dying slowly PC, but a PC nonetheless. Technically, I also use my Blackberry Curve to reply to comments throughout the day as well.

2. What computer and online technology do you use? (blogging system,photo storage, photo editing tools, etc..)
Simple is key for me. I use blogger(obviously) and flickr for photo storage. Occasionally I use Picknik inside Flickr for some editing and that's about it.


3. What is your process for taking pictures?
My process for taking pictures usually goes something like this.
Step 1: Ask SSF to take pictures for me (which strangely turns his good mood to bad)
Step 2: Take about 15-20 pictures.
Step 3: Load them on computer, then flickr, then copy and paste into the post.

4. When it comes to backdrops for your photos what do you consider? Doyou scout locations or shoot the same spot daily?
I'm usually not to particular about my backdrops, but generally go for something simple. A lot of times I will have SSF take some pictures while were out and about. If were not going anywhere special often times we will either take them outside the house or at the school across the street from my neighborhood.

5. If you could splurge and get one new piece of equipment what wouldyou be buying?
I would probably upgrade my point and shoot to an DSLR, and pay for classes to learn how to use it. I've become a lot more interested in photography lately and would like to get better.

As always, don't forget to head over to Katy's blog Modly Chic to see how her and others answered these same questions!

[image]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Money Smart Fashion!

disclosure policy