Friday, January 14

FBFF: undressing, dressing



This week the FBFF group steps away from the business of blogging to answer some questions about getting ready in the morning. Are you a planner or do you dress in the moment?

1. How do you determine what you will wear that day?
I like to consider myself an "in the moment" dresser. Most days I stand in front of my closet and make on-the-pot decisions of what I'm going to wear kind of based on how I feel. On rare occasions I will think of an outfit the night before and then put it together in the morning.


2. Do you plan outfits out in advance for a whole week, month, weekend?
Ha. None of the above? I am so bad at planning ahead when it comes to clothes. Until I met SSF, the ultimate planner, I would wait until the morning of a trip to pack.

3. Do you have any specific way of tracking outfits and items already worn so you don't repeat?
Again, not really. I'm not afraid to re-wear an outfit that I love but I try to save those for the day's I don't take pictures for the blog.

4. How do you discover new combinations of items in your closet?
Trial and Error mostly. While most mornings I can put together an outfit on the first try there are others that seem like an endless parade of clothes in and out of my closet. It's usually these mornings that I find combinations of clothes I didn't really think "worked" in the past. Blogs help too. I often see girls wearing items in a way my brain just doesn't work.
5. To streamline the process for 2011 what is one new thing you can do to cut down your dressing time?
Lately I've had trouble falling asleep right away. Those nights that I toss and turn I try to think about what I will wear the next day. It is surprisingly calming and helps me plan in advance. Maybe one day I will plan out my outfits for the whole week. Baby steps.

Don't forget to head over to Katy's blog Modly Chic to see how her and others answered these questions.

[image]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Money Smart Fashion!

disclosure policy