Tuesday, February 22

Work in Process



So here is the thing. I've been kind of really blah  uninspired overwhlemed. I've been trying to figure out how to tell you all, and only a little bit procrastinating in hopes that this would all magically dissolve into an amazing, inspired blog post. It hasn't yet though and I've been quiet for too long. Just to be clear, I'm not shutting this thing down, not even for a second. This is more like a fair warning that my priorties have been shifting a little and that may come through a little more on this blog then in the past.

I'm going through a phase where I am trying to put things in perspective.

You all know I paid off my credit card not too long ago, but the truth is I still have a long way to go. In less than a year I will be required to start chipping away at student loan that is into six figures. I've been racking my brain lately trying to nail down a plan to tackle it. Not to mention the whole wedding thing. I don't want this to come across all "Woe is me" because that's not me at all. I don't want you to feel bad for me. I mean afterall I did this to myself and now it's my responsibility to fix it. (Although if I were a bank, I'm sure the government would just bail me out... but I digress).

Anyway, the last couple weeks I've been focusing on myself. I want to make myself a better person. I want to change my habits that I don't particularly like (laziness) but most of all I'm trying to figure out what I want to accomplish in my life. Maybe that last part sounds a little ridiculous but I've always been a flakey person. I've never really known what I wanted to do, I have just always expeceted opportunity to come to me. Over the last couple months I've become an avid reader of Jess's blog and have become kind of dedicated to "building a life with intention". So.. that's kinda where I'm at.

What does that have to do with all the previously mentioned financial obligations? I'm not really sure. But that is afterall what I'm trying to figure out. I promise this blog will still be about fashion and finance, but I can't promise that will be it.

But promise you'll stick with me, k?

ps. happy 54 monthiversary SFF.

[image]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Money Smart Fashion!

disclosure policy