You guys had so many great tips on how you save money I couldn't resist sharing them:
1. Pay yourself first (even before you pay your bills!)
2. Pay with cash
3. Check out thrift stores for one-of-a-kind pieces for your home (or your closet)
4. Stash small amounts away every week. You won't notice it's gone, but after awhile it starts adding up!
5. Shop for household items through "subscribe and save" on Amaazon
6. If you find something you simply. must. have. walk away and wait a week. Only go back and buy if you are still thinking about it on day 8.
7. Make/ refashion your clothes (avoid retail mark-ups!)
8. Bring your lunch to work
9. Only shop for groceries when your pantry is bear (waste not, want not)
While were on the topic of groceries...
10. Buy things you use often in bulk
11. Never shop without a list.
What great ideas! Thank you all for entering!
Now the moment you've all been waiting for. The winner of the giveaway is....
Congratualtions Ashley, I will be e-mailing you shortly. For all the others don't forget you can still get 10% off your purchase at Shabby Apple with the discount code "moneysmart10off"
I promise, regular posting will resume next week.