Sunday, June 20

Money Smart... Beauty!

After reviewing a product for AVEENO and Lucky over at Stylespotter,I thought I would share with you guys the rest of my beauty routine. As I mentioned it is minimal at best. I realized a couple years ago after a thorough cleaning (or purging) session that I was collecting items that I barely, or more likely never, used. I had nail polish and eye shadow galore that never actually ended up on my nails and face respectively. All that those products represented was wasted money. I was so naive when I was younger too. I don't know where it came from, but I had this notion that if " it wasn't sold in Sephora it was no good". Seriously. Ridiculous.

As an older and (hopefully) wiser Grace I have pared down my beauty collection to 9 items that I basically couldn't live without.



1. Clinique Even Better Foundation $24
2. C.O. Bigelow Apothecaries Ultra Mentha Lip Shine $7
3. CoverGirl Lash Blast Mascara $7
4. CoverGirl Exact Eyelights Eyeliner $7
5. Benefit Hoola Bronzer $28
6. AVEENO Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer $14
7. AVEENO Positively Radiant Daily Cleanser $7
8 & 9. Redken Color Extend Shampoo & Conditioner $28 (for both)

I like to think that my "must haves" are a healthy balance between high and low. One thing I've learned is that it is ok to spend for quality items. For example, I think that having a good foundation is important since it is the basis of everything you put on your face. One of my other big ticket items, the shampoo and conditioner is important too. My hair is color treated and tends to dry out easily. The longer I can keep my hair soft and vibrant, the longer I can go between appointments. Which ultimately saves money despite the upfront investment. However, I've also found that mascara for is most part is mascara whether you pay $5 or $50. So I found a drug store brand that does what I want at a reasonable price. As for the others it all ended up being about preference. I've tried products from all over the price spectrum but the ones I've been using are the ones that felt right.

So, how do you spend your beauty dollars?

2 comments:

  1. I love the C.O. Bigelow Lip Shine, sooo good!! Thanks for the tip off about Redken, my hair isn't color treated, but it does dry out very easily, so maybe I'll try it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, I'm SO minimalistic with my beauty products! Make-up is non-existent except for mascara and I just buy whatever shampoo, conditioner, and face wash is on sale when I run out of the last bottles. It's sort of ridiculous how bad I am at being a girl.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Money Smart Fashion!

disclosure policy