Monday, October 25

Too Easy?

bib necklace (8)

bib necklace (4)

bib necklace (19)
top-gap, jean leggings- old navy, shoes-old navy, necklace-my own creation
 
I don't exactly fit the role of a housewife. I can't cook, I hate to clean, and I only do the laundry because I know SSBF won't. Despite all of that I still try my best to bake on occasion mostly to satisfy my own sweet tooth.
On the menu this week: Cheesecake. It was my very first one. All things considered, I'd say it turned out pretty well. I think next time I have to do a better job of crushing up the ginger snaps I used as the crust but that's just a technicality, they did not effect the overall taste.  
 
As far as clothing goes, I'm happy to report there were no new purchases this weekend but on the other hand I've been somewhat uninspired lately. I've been defaulting to jeans, a very easy and typical look for me. Even SSBF noticed I was "just wearing jeans and a t-shirt". In my defense our low-key lifestyle usually only demands jeans and a t-shirt. Not to mention that jeans tend to overrun my closet. I love them. I could live in them. If life took a turn for the worse you could find me huddled in the corner of my cardboard box draped in my jeans for warmth. Point is they are awesome, they are comfortable, they are easy. It doesn't take much to make them look good. So why actually think in the morning when I know that I can easily style up a pair of jeans. Because this is life, and when something is easy, it means you aren't trying hard enough.
 
Ok, maybe that's not 100% true but think about it, if you just sit back and let things come as they may are you really achieving what you want? Maybe I'm grasping at straws to make the act of getting dressed in the morning more than what it is but it could have a bearing on our overall character.
 
What do you think? Am I crazy? Is this too ridiculous to ponder on a Monday? What's your easy outfit to fall back on?
 

4 comments:

  1. My cheesecake usually ends up looking terrible even though it tastes great. I still haven't mastered the art of the graham cracker crust. Maybe I'll try ginger snaps next time. I highly recommend trying pumpkin cheesecake. I did that last thanksgiving and it was a big hit.

    My easy outfit to fall back on are probably dresses. Love a simple empire-waist dress in the summer. Great for fat days, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think us girls that can't cook, don't clean and only do laundry because we have to are the best housewives ever! :) Here's to us. We all can't be Martha Stewarts.

    I've been feeling slightly uninspired myself lately, so all I've been wearing is jeans and sweatpants myself. In no time, we'll be back to normal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I much prefer to dress easy and comfy so I totally agree - jeans rule! and cheesecake = delish! x

    www.hausofsarahrachel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeans for me to :) I actually don't wear them as often now, but I used to wear them every day so I still have quite the collection. On mornings when I'm feeling especially blah I grab my favorite pair of jeans. It doesn't matter what I put on top after that, I know I'll look and feel good in my jeans!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Money Smart Fashion!

disclosure policy