Friday, December 31
Truth be told it's been a hell of a year. In the last 12 months I've changed careers, got enagaged, and made this blog bigger then I ever could have imagined when I was first starting out. I never thought I would say this but my blog has become a big part of who I am. In turn, I think it deserves some resolutions of it's own.
This week's FBFF questions are all about "blog-olutions" for 2011.
1. What's the one thing you vow to learn or do in 2011 to improve your blog?
I've been giving a lot of thought to this question over my week long hiatus. I've been working on developing a brand around my blog. I would like more structure to my posting and a little less randomness. My vow for 2011 is to give my blog an identity, rather than the multiple personalities it has now.
2. What did you learn about blogging in 2010 that you plan to put into practice next year?
Basically an extention of the question above, but I've learned that my blog is lacking a theme. Yes, it is all about fashion, shopping, and money but how I do I tie all of these things together in my posts?
3. Do you have any high-level goals for your blog in the coming year? Monetization? More comments? More connections with other bloggers? A new template?
1. Connections: Let's just say I am awful at staying in touch, in real life and in blog world. In 2011 I want to make sure that I am taking the time to connect with the people that share their thoughts with me. It's always hard with work and school and developng my own posts but that's not an excuse for not being more active in the community.
2. Monetization: I would like to monetize my blog if possible, but I don't think that will happen until I can develop my brand, and of course, be more active in the blog community.
4. If you could collaborate with one other blogger within your sphere of influence in 2011, who would you like to collaborate with, and what would you like to collaborate on?
Techincally, we've already collaborated once, but I would love to keep working with Alyson. As to what we would collaborate on, I have no idea!
5. What do you plan to do to support other bloggers next year?
When I first started my blog I would really put myself out there. I'd spend hours wandering from blog to blog and if I found ones that I really enjoyed I would send an e-mail. I also left a lot of comments in those days. I would like to get back to a point where I have more time to comment on other blogs.
I would also like to incorporate more bloggers onto my own site, but again, I need to develop my brand and my readership more before I can do that.
Now, head over to Katy's blog Modly Chic to see how her and others from the FBFF group answered these questions!