Wednesday, April 27

To Have or Have Not: Wedding Planners



I'm sure some of you have got to be wondering why SSF and I , with our relatively small budget (compared to the national average), would chose to dedicate 16% (give or take) of it to a wedding planner. Sure, I probably could have managed planning the wedding on my own, but I am a big believer in experts. I take my car to a mechanic not because I can't learn to change my own oil, but because I probably wouldn't want to spend a Saturday afternoon under my car. SSF and I chose to trust wedding coordinators because they are experts in their field. They know the wedding scene on the Outer Banks, they know what vendors will fit with our ambiance and budget, and they know how to throw a party. Not to mention, between a full-time job, school, and a blog I don't have much time to drop everything, drive 5 hours to North Carolina, and meet with vendors multiple times over the next 16 months.

Hiring a wedding planner just made sense.

As I mentioned, We took a little trip down to the Outer Banks last week to meet with some potential planners. I set-up three appointments for us. Three was a good number to start with, it didn't feel like we were overwhelmed with meetings but gave us a good range. I honestly wasn't sure what I was looking for aside from a descent price until I saw it. We were lucky enough to have found our wedding planning soul mates after just the second meeting. They are budget conscious and excited at the challenge of creating an amazing event on a small budget. They were brimming with ideas and recommendations just from talking with us and flipping through my binder, and they had an amazing design sense. I was sold. They even put SSF's racing, budget calculating mind at ease, double sold.

We are still waiting on a proposal to nail down the final cost for the planners but if you are wondering or planning on hiring a planner you should expect to pay at least $1500 for a minimal package (mostly day of coordination)
Did/would you hire a coordinator for your wedding? What was your experience?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Money Smart Fashion!

disclosure policy