Wednesday, June 22

DIY: Braided Headband

I know it's taken me a couple weeks to get to this. Forgive me? Good  because you don't know how excited I am to do this. I almost never get so many compliments on my hair and to both get compliments and a request for a DIY just made my day week.
Let me start with my inspiration: the lovely Erin Featherston.



Awesome right?
It's super easy. Here is what you'll need.
1. Hair extensions (real or fake) at least 20 inches long.
2. Two elastics
3. The ability to braid.

I love the thickness of Erin's braid but couldn't find something similiar anywhere.
I personally purchased this Scunci Jaw Clip Extension from Amazon. I wasn't sure how it would turn out so I didn't want to pay a lot for it. Luckily, this was cheap and actually turned out amazingly.

If you go the jaw clip route you will have to cut the netting off the hair before starting. Once that's over though simply secure the hair from one end with an elastic (preferably similiar in color to your hair).

DSCN5664

Next braid down to the other end and secure.

DSCN5667

Then wear! (rocking out to Journey optional)

anne's wedding (36)

Now go forth and wear braids!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Money Smart Fashion!

disclosure policy