Tuesday, August 2

A Letter to SSF

school pride (3)

school pride (15)

school pride (14)
shirt: SSF's, jacket: express; skirt: boutique in obx; bag: A&F (about 10 years ago)

SSF,

Thank you for your unwavering support and for wearing a size meduim. I wouldn't be who I am today without you, or access to your closet. I love you. Never change (your size).
xoxo, Grace


On another note. I had an epiphany at work last week. I finally realized the difference between wanting new clothes and actually needing them. To some, this is probably not much of an "aha", but some of you might know where I am coming from. I've never really taken the time to differentiate the want from the need. If I saw something in a magazine it was always "I need that." But one morning last week, sitting at my desk at work I just randomly said, I don't need new clothes. As soon as I said it I was like whoa. It was liberating. Just like it was freeing to tell you all about my student loan debt. I feel like I'm at a point in my life where all of a sudden my priorities are shifting and I am having these moments of like pure "ohhhhhh".


How was your weekend? SSF and I drove to Philly to help my parents clean out their house by taking a few items "off their hands". Including a beautiful cedar chest that needs some love. I sense a DIY in the near future....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Money Smart Fashion!

disclosure policy